When you hire professional cleaners for your work premises, you want to be reassured that they going to perform a thorough job and also that they are trustworthy – especially if they are visiting your place after hours when you and your staff have gone home.
A good cleaning service will treat and clean your place as if it was their own, and leave you in no doubt that you can trust them to fulfil the tasks required of them.
Here are some features of good commercial cleaning services, as well as a list of questions to ask before you hire one.
Features of a good cleaning service
These are key things to look for:
- Flexibility – your premises is not exactly the same as any other, so you should look for commercial cleaners that can tailor a cleaning program to your specific needs.
- Professionalism and attention to detail – including adherence to industry best-practice and thorough training of personnel.
- Guarantees – committed to providing a thorough cleaning service according to the schedule set.
- Good communication – this includes the ability to listen and respond when you have queries or when you ask for changes.
- Positive attitude and commitment – towards their work in general and also towards you as their potential client.
- Adequate insurance – in particular public liability and workers’ compensation cover.
- Good track record and reputation – including testimonials of happy customers and good reviews.
- Good risk management – such as compliance with health and safety requirements, and procedures for incident reporting.
- Appropriate licences according to your state or territory.
Some questions to ask
- Will the company be able to meet your needs adequately and on time?
- Will they be supplying all their own cleaning equipment or will you need to provide some of yours?
- What controls are used regarding hygiene?
- What cleaning products are used and are they environmentally safe? This one may be especially important for a food service premises.
- Can they provide details of customers you can talk to about their services?
- Do their quoted prices include GST, or will you need to add this on?
- Do they conduct background and police checks on their employees?
- Can they provide a certificate of currency as evidence of insurance cover?
When considering different companies and getting quotes, it’s important to compare like with like. For example, while one service may be cheaper, it may not provide the same level of professionalism and service that a slightly more expensive one does. After all, price is only one consideration. It’s more important to look for value for money.
At JAN-PRO, we believe in supplying our customers with the best service possible. Contact us for a discussion and a quote on providing cleaning services for your premises.